Follow The 2014 Elections On WYSO
Voters who haven’t voted early go to the polls Tuesday to elect a slew of statewide offices and decide on many local issues. The state offices up for grabs include governor, attorney general, secretary of state and seats on the state school board and the state Supreme Court.
In the Miami Valley, three Republican U.S. Congressmen are facing challenges: John Boehner in the 8th, Mike Turner in the 10th and Steve Chabot in the 1st U.S. district.
One state senate election is contested in the area—Republican Bill Beagle, of the 5th district, is defending his seat against Democratic Tipp City councilwoman Dee Gillis.
Finally, there are nearly a dozen Ohio house races in the area (see the district map here and the list of candidates here) and we’re following the races for Montgomery County Commission and county auditor.
The long list of local issues on Miami Valley ballots include a new tax levy for the Greene County Public Library, a Montgomery County human services levy, an income tax levy for Huber Heights, a parks levy in Beavercreek and an income tax increase in Piqua. Many school districts have levy renewals and a few are asking for increased funds.
WYSO’s election night coverage will be a stream from NPR News from 8 p.m. to midnight, which is expected to focus on the U.S. Senate races. Our local and state coverage will include an interruption at 10 p.m. to check in with the Ohio Statehouse News Bureau’s hour of results and analysis in the statewide races, including Governor John Kasich’s incumbency.
We’ll be updating results online Nov. 4 and 5, but most county, school district and local town or village issues will not be posted individually. Look for local results in your county on these websites:
- Butler County: http://results.butlercountyelections.org/
- Champaign County http://www.electionsonthe.net/oh/champaign/elecres.htm
- Clark County http://www.electionsonthe.net/oh/clark/elecres.htm
- Clinton County: http://www.electionsonthe.net/oh/clinton/ (click “Election Results” on left)
- Greene County: http://www.co.greene.oh.us/Archive.aspx?AMID=52
- Miami County: http://www.electionsonthe.net/oh/miami/elecres.htm
- Montgomery County: http://www.mcohio.org/boe/election_results.html
- Preble County: http://www.electionsonthe.net/oh/preble/elecres.htm
- Warren County: http://www.warrencountyboe.us/election_reports/search/votingresults/voting_results_publish.asp
The Ohio Secretary of State’s office posts statewide unofficial election results as they become available here: https://vote.ohio.gov/Home.aspx
Lewis Wallace is WYSO's managing editor, substitute host and economics reporter. Follow him @lewispants.