WYSO

Brittani Howell

Brittani plans events and makes connections for the Side Effects team. She graduated from Mercer University. Prior to WFYI, she was a lifestyle reporter and editor in southern Georgia and the education reporter for the Herald-Times in Bloomington, Ind. She likes learning about just about everything. When she's not talking about literature or planning her next trip, she's probably telling stories about her dog. 

We're continuing to answer questions about the coronavirus and COVID-19. Here are the latest; if you have more, here's how to send a question.

Do people who recover from coronavirus have any long-lasting symptoms or side effects?

It all depends on the severity of the case. Dr. Abhijit Duggal, a critical care specialist at the Cleveland Clinic, told USA Today that about 80% of COVID-19 patients recover with no complications. As for that remaining 20%, it may be too early to tell.

We continue to answer your questions about the coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19 -- and there sure are plenty. That's to be expected as the nation convulses from unprecedented lockdowns, quarantines and other interruptions. Here are some questions we received via email, with responses from Side Effects community engagement specialist Brittani Howell: