WYSO went on the air 60 years ago, and we’re celebrating by listening back to some highlights from our historic audio collection.
The WYSO archive includes the voices of elders from all over Ohio, like this one: Earl Gregg from West Jefferson. In the early 1980s, Mr. Gregg was 94 years old and he read for the radio from the notebooks he kept about his long, colorful life. He spoke with Jeff Hooper from Little Miami Theater Works.
You can record a birthday greeting for WYSO. Here's how:
Plan a message about 90 seconds long. You can start it like this:
Hi, my name is _______________ and I’m from ________________. I’ve been listening to WYSO since_______________ and (pick one):
- My favorite memory of WYSO is_________________
- I hope WYSO never loses its ______________________
- The funniest thing I ever heard on WYSO is _______________________
- Listening to WYSO has been important to me over the years because_____________________.
- WYSO is different from other radio stations because_________________.
…or craft your own message.
Record this on the voice memo app on your phone. Send that to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR if you don’t want to use a voice memo app on your smart phone, call this number and record your message. 937-769-1374.