Authorities say one woman is dead following an explosion in her Kettering home early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters responded to a call at Claridge Drive at about 4:30 a.m., and fire officials say the home was engulfed in flames.
The victim was found outside the home, transported to Kettering Medical Center, and later pronounced dead. Debris from the blaze was found on surrounding properties.
Officials say upon initial inspection, the fire appeared to have been sparked by a natural gas explosion, but further investigation is needed to confirm the cause.
This is the second time the Kettering Fire Department has responded to a home explosion this year.
The state fire marshal’s office is taking over the investigation, which could take as long as several months.